As featured on Sunday’s here at Random Thoughts, I usually update what the former players did in the week’s previous NBA games. This week, I will be adding on one category (minutes played) so you can see if they are getting significant playing time.
Lately, I had been getting questions on the whereabouts of certain former UCONN men’s basketball players. So I did some research and this is what i came up with.
- Denham Brown, who was the last cut for the Seattle Supersonics, was drafted in the 1st round of the NBA Developmental League by the Tulsa 66ers. It is known yet whether or not he will play there or look to join other UCONN players overseas.
- Khalid El-Amin is now playing over in Ukraine. He was the two time player of the year in the Turkish League before going to Ukraine.
- Rashad Anderson is playing in Greece for Egaleo AO.
- Kevin Freeman is now playing in China for the Zhejiang Wanma Cyclones. He had spent last season in the Israeli League.
- Ed Nelson, who was signed as a free agent and subsequently cut by the St. Louis Rams of the NFL, is playing in the Finnish League for Korihait Uusilaupunki.
- Scott Burrell, who spent 8 seasons in the NBA winning a championship with the Chicago Bulls, is now playing in Japan for the Hitachi Sunrockers.
- Gilad Katz, who played professionally in Israel and in Germany, is now the head coach for Maccabi Rishon Le-Zion in Israel.
- Justin Brown, who played last season in China, is back in his native Australia playing for the Perth Wildcats.
- Taliek Brown, who played last season in Turkey with Karsiyaka, is playing this season in Bulgaria for PBC Lukoil Akademik Sophia.
- Uri Cohen-Mintz, who played last season in France for Chalon, is now playing in Israel for Gliboa/Alfula/Migdal Haemek.
- Albert Mouring, who played last season in Finland for Pyrinto, is now playing in Bahrain for Al Manama.
- Tony Robertson is now playing in the Dominican Republic League for Indios de San Francisco.
- Edmund Saunders, who spent last season in the Dominican League, is now playing in Turkey for Beykozspor.